Very thin, very light and very mobile—the ultimate business tool
The Lenovo® ThinkPad® T400s notebook
THE PERFECT NOTEBOOK MADE EVEN BETTER
ENHANCED COMMUNICATION AND SECURITY
- Powerful Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors with 2.4GHz and 2.53 GHz speeds
- Genuine Windows Vista® Business
- Lightest T Series ever: 3.91 lbs/1.77kg
- Thinnest T Series ever: 0.83 in/21.1mm
- Smaller Slim Form Factor: 21.1mm x 337mm x 241.0mm
- 25W Standard Volt CPUs
- Intel® Turbo Memory
- Wide 14” LED Backlit WXGA+ Display 1440x900
- 9.5mm Optical Drive with Blu-ray™, Multi Burner DVD, Combo DVD
- Optimized for VoIP
- Improved 2 MP Camera with truer image consistency
- Improved louder speakers
- Dual Digital Microphones
- Thoughtfully designed full-size keyboard
- Larger Touchpad with multitouch capability
- 6 cell Li Ion Prismatic Battery and optional Bay Battery
- Intel® 3x3 802.11n WLAN
- WWAN, WiMAX, WLAN, Bluetooth®, and Ultra-wideband
- ConstantConnect Support 34mm1
- One Standard USB 2.0 port, Powered USB 2.0 port, and Combo Port
- 3.5mm Combo Microphone/Audio Jack
- Optional 34mm Express Card or 5-in-1 Multimedia Card
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader with new LED status indicators
- Dual External Display Support
- Next Generation Series 3 Port Replicator and Minidocking
- USB Modem Support
- New Bay Battery Support
TOP REASONS TO OWN
- External Battery/Suspend indicator
- Individual Microphone Mute and Speaker Mute with LEDs
- Caps Lock Key with LED and Power Button with LED indicators
- WWAN, Personal Area Network (PAN), and Hard Drive status indicators
- On-screen display status indicators
- EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE
- IN A SUPER-THIN STYLISH DESIGN
- SAVES TIME AND MONEY
- ENHANCED USABILITY WITH IMPROVED DESIGN
- ENERGY EFFICIENT
Introducing the best T Series ever built for the large enterprise and business class. The super thin and light 14" corporate notebook sets a new benchmark in portability with superior performance. It is environmenta friendly with an elegant design, for ultimate leadership.
THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED PORTABILITY AND DURABILITY IN A THIN, LIGHT, AND ELEGANT DESIGN WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
The Lenovo® ThinkPad® T400s notebook
ENERGY EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE
WIRELESS MOBILITY AND EXPANDABILITY
- Industry leading mobile performance with powerful Intel® Core™2 Duo SP9400 and SP9600 Standard Volt processors. Intel® Turbo Memory that speeds boot time, loads applications quicker and saves power
- Pre-loaded with Genuine Windows Vista® Business
- 14" LED Backlit widescreen display with brighter and crisper colors, and anti-glare display for wider viewing angles. Also helps to reduce power consumption to increase battery life
- ThinkPad T400s, an Energy Star® 5.0 qualifi ed product is very environment friendly with mercury and arsenic free low-power displays, improved packaging, and low power Solid State Drives.
- Green power management for energy effi ciency and environmentally responsible systems
- Move anywhere with the best wireless performance. WWAN, WLAN, WiMax, Ultra-wideband, and Bluetooth for fl exibility in connectivity. WWAN gives global professionals access to the information they need, quickly and securely
- Mini Docking and Port Expansion Solutions include:
- ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3
- ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3
- ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3
The ThinkPad T Series notebooks are designed to give a perfect blend of portability, performance, and energy-efficiency. The new enhanced ThinkPad T400s design extends the ThinkPad X300 experience to the large enterprise space, incorporates the best T series features, and at the same time achieves these at a reduced system price.
The notebook is equipped with a wide range of technologies and features. Major enhancements are made to an already best-in-class keyboard through improved ergonomic design, a new multi-touch TouchPad for easier navigation, individual microphone and speaker audio mute buttons, and fi ngerprint reader with LED indicators. The thoughtfully designed keyboard incorporates larger Esc and Delete keys for easier use.
The ThinkPad T400s enables the user to run two independent displays natively without a Mini Dock. Features include: a Standard USB 2.0, a Powered USB 2.0, and an eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo Port. In addition, it comes with the choice of a 34mm Express Card slot or a 5 in 1 multimedia card slot, and next generation Series 3 Port Replicators and Minidocks.
T400s is optimized for VoIP with dual digital microphones, an integrated 2MP camera, louder speakers, and VoIP Fn+F6 hotkey combination. The integrated camera offers an improved user experience for video-centric applications. It can be used for video-integrated instant messaging, conferencing, and Internet telephony.
The ThinkPad T400s includes the ThinkVantage® Client Security Solution with an integrated fi ngerprint reader for extra protection against data theft. Fingerprint Power-On Authentication in T400s provides power-on or wake-up from Suspend/Hibernate states, directly from the fi ngerprint reader.
The best-in-class features enhance business success by providing capabilities built for greater reliability, productivity, security, manageability, and connectivity. It provides an added advantage to the mobile computing experience and mobile IT infrastructure.
LENOVO® THINKPAD® T400s NOTEBOOK SPECIFICATIONS
Model Name – T400s
Processors (Speed, L2 Cache, FSB)
Preloaded Operating Systems
- Intel® Core™2 Duo SP9400 (2.4GHz, 6MB Cache, 25 watt)
- Intel® Core™2 Duo SP9600 (2.53GHz, 6MB Cache, 25 watt)
- Genuine Windows® XP Professional 32 downgrade
- Genuine Windows Vista® Starter Edition for India
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic 32
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 32
- Genuine Windows Vista® Business 32
- Genuine Windows Vista® Business 64
- DOS License
- 14" Wide
- 3.91 lbs/1.77kg with optical drive
- 21.1mm x 337mm x 241.0mm (6-cell battery)
- Intel® 4500MHD/Core™2, SV Small FF, 25W
- 14.1" wide LED WXGA+ (1440x900)
- Integrated Intel® GMA 4500 MHD
Serial ATA Drives
- 1GB/2GB/4GB DDR3 1067 MHz
Supported WLAN Cards
- 80GB SSD SATA
- 128GB SSD SATA
- 120GB 5400rpm SATA
- 250GB 5400rpm SATA
- Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5300 (3x3)
- Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100 (1x2)
- Intel® WiMax WiFi Link 5150 (1x2)
- Realtek Wireless B, G, N Card
||Advanced Integrated Communications
- WWAN, WiMAX, WLAN Bluetooth®, UWB
- Constant Connect Support - 34mm card (US and Canada Only)
- Constant Secure Support (US and Canada Only)
Ports and Slots
- Improved Ergonomic Design
- Updated Larger Esc and Delete Keys
- Separate Microphone and Speaker Mute buttons with LED indicators
- New VOIP Fn+F6 Hotkey Combination
- New LED indicator added to Mute Buttons, Caps Lock, Power-On button, and Fingerprint Reader
- Larger Multi-touch Touchpad with fl ush design
- ThinkPad TrackPoint
- 1 Standard USB 2.0, 1 Powered USB 2.0, 1 USB/eSATA
- VGA, DisplayPort, Mic/Headphone, RJ45
- Optional 34mm Express Card or 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader
- Combo Microphone in /Audio out
- Integrated 2MP Camera
- Multi-Touch TouchPad
- DVD ROM
- CD-RW/DVD Combo drive
- DVD recordable multiburner
- Blu-ray™ DVD
- 1 Year Depot TopSeller
- 3 Year Depot TopSeller
- 1 Year Depot
- 3 Year Depot
- 3 Year On-Site including GMP
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader with LED
- Trusted Platform Module
- ConstantSecure (WWAN models)
- FDE Drives
- 6 cell Li Ion Prismatic Battery: up to 5.5 hrs
- 3 cell Ultra Bay battery: up to 8.5 hrs with 6 cell battery
- ThinkVantage Productivity Center 3.0
- ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery® 4.21
- Product Recovery
- ThinkVantage Client Security 8.2
- ThinkVantage Access Connections 5.2
- ThinkVantage Utilities including Presentation Director
- ThinkVantage System Update
- Active Protection System™
- ThinkVantage Gadget
- Lenovo Camera Center and Lenovo Video Conferencing
- FingerPrint Software
- Mobile Broadband Connect 3.X (WWAN Connection Manager)
- Message Center Plus
- MS Silverlight (Windows Vista® models only)
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader
- Earthlink on Windows Vista® Home Basic, Windows Vista® Home Premium and Windows Vista® Ultimate (select models)
- Lenovo System Toolbox (select models)
- Creator™ Business Edition (Record Now and DLA) (select models)
- Creator™ Business Edition (Record Now and DLA and MyDVD) (select models)
- Intervideo® WinDVD®
- Blue-ray™ optical drive applications (DMF 5.0, Intervideo® BurnNow + DataAdd for Blu-ray™)
- Net-Zero (select models)
- MS Portal with Live Toolbar – (select models)
- MS Offi ce 2007
- McAfee® Security
LENOVO® THINKPAD® T400s ACCESSORIES AND SERVICES
DESIGNED FOR MOBILITY
- Constant Connect and Protect - 34mm Expresscard (332120U)
- ConstantConnect provides the latest innovation in always-on computing for mobile professionals with greater flexibility to manage their e-mail on the move.
- Get your email while your ThinkPad is off, through your Blackberry®.
- On-the- go professionals rushing between flights or sitting in a taxi can get the latest e-mail without having to stop, turn on their PC, or login over a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Note: Available 9/2009 - US Only
- ThinkPad Series 3 Port Replicator and Docks
- Access to peripherals is quick and easy, these solutions offer basic to advanced cable management, including dual multiple monitors.
- ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3 (4336-10W) – basic cable management
- ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 (4337-10U) – enhanced cable management, security, and dual monitors
- ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (4338-10U) – advanced functionality supporting dual display, dual DVI and eSATA
- ThinkPad Checkpoint Friendly Case (51J0418)
- The case is designed to help travelers get through the security checks, quicker and with less hassle. This case allows you to pass through the security-checkpoint without removing your notebook from the bag. (Adheres to U.S. TSA guidelines)
- Lenovo USB-to-DVI Monitor Adapter (45K5296)
- Connecting external monitors to your notebook through USB made a reality. Connect your LCD monitors to your notebook using a simple plug-n-play connector, which enables access to increased screen real estate.
- ThinkPad and Lenovo 90W Slim AC/DC Combo Adapter (41N8460)
- The adapter supports AC or DC power and is compatible with wall, vehicle, and airplane power outlets for charging your ThinkPad and Lenovo Value line notebooks.
- The adapter can be used to charge most new and legacy Lenovo notebook systems using interchangeable tips.
- The optional dual charging cable attaches to the adapter to simultaneously charge both the notebook and a peripheral device.
- ThinkPad T400s 6 Cell Battery (51J0497)
- Stay unplugged longer with the help of spare ThinkPad system batteries. With spare ThinkPad batteries, you can work and stay productive without being tied to an electrical outlet. Batteries for all-day computing provide extended-life battery options. All-day computing is a reality when you combine the unique battery technologies on select ThinkPad notebooks.
- ThinkPad USB Portable Secure Hard Drive – 160GB (43R2018), 320GB (43R2019)
- Secure your valuable data in a slim, lightweight, self-powered, easy-to-use design with features that include:
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface
- Encrypted stored data
- Software installation not required with Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows Vista®AC power adapter is not required
PRODUCTIVITY, PERFORMANCE AND SECURITY
|ThinkPlus Support Services
||ThinkPlus Protection Services
||ThinkPlus Enterprise Solutions
Contact your Lenovo Services Sales Executive for more information and assistance with customer proposals.
- ThinkPlus Priority Support
- A single, comprehensive service plan to help reduce overall helpdesk costs and free up internal IT resources. 24 x 7 x 365 priority call routing to advanced level technicians, software support and IT management tools let IT staffs focus on more strategic projects.
- ThinkPlus Warranty
- Base warranty extensions prevent costly out-of-warranty repairs. Warranty upgrades provide a higher level of service at any time during your warranty period. Convenient award-winning support with peace of mind.
- ThinkPad Protection (Accidental Damage Protection)
- ThinkPad Protection covers damages not covered under warranty and provides unlimited repairs and/or system replacement in the event of accidental damages, drop and electrical surges.
- Lenovo Online Backup
- Lenovo Online Backup is a secure, offsite data encryption and storage solution that protects your business fi les and allows you to restore them via an Internet connection. Available in 10GB, 25GB, 50GB, or unlimited storage options. Simple. Online. Secure.
- Hard Disk Drive Retention
- If a hard drive fails and it is still covered under warranty, rather than returning the defective part, Hard Disk Drive Retention lets you keep your old drive and hold on to your data.
- ThinkPlus Secure Business (bundle)
- Protects your ThinkPad and secures your data with an all-in-one solution – ThinkPad Protection, Lenovo Online Backup, and Next Business Day Warranty Upgrade – all for one low price. Available in 1 year or 3 year term.
- Asset Recovery Service
- A convenient end-to-end solution to manage retiring assets. Lenovo provides single source accountability and manages the process from environmentally-responsible asset disposal and recycling to secure data destruction and disk wiping. Quick. Easy. Green.
- Custom Imaging Services
- Lenovo provides image creation, image management, and image deployment services. Lenovo imaging services are proven to lower customer costs, support faster image deployment, reduce end-user downtime and post-deployment errors.
|Download PDF (2.41 MB)
|Introducing the best T Series ever built for the large enterprise and business class. The super thin and light 14” corporate notebook sets a new benchmark in portability with superior performance. It is environmentally friendly with an elegant design, for ultimate leadership.
Find great deals on Lenovo ThinkPad and IdeaPad laptops.
Sign up for e-mail
Learn more about special offers, new products and services.
Footnotes:  Available only in the United States and Canada.
Limits: Consumers, small business, government and education customers purchase limit is five per customer. Enterprise customers purchase limit is 5 per customer.
Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors.
Trademarks: Lenovo, ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation and the Lenovo logo are trademarks of Lenovo. Microsoft, Windows, Windows NT, and the Windows logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Celeron, Celeron Inside, Centrino, Centrino Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel Viiv, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, Viiv Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Other company, product or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others. www.intel.com/go/rating
Warranty: for a copy of applicable warranties, write to: Lenovo Warranty Information, ATTN: Dept ZPYA/Bldg 3, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC, 27560. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third party products or services. The Lenovo Limited Warranty applies only to Lenovo hardware products purchased for your own use, and does not transfer upon resale.
*Pricing: Does not include tax, shipping and handling, or recycling fees. Reseller prices may vary. Savings referenced off regular Lenovo web prices.
**Ship date: An estimated ship date will be posted on our order status site after your order is placed. The date reflected above does not determine when your order will ship since inventory status may change before your order is final and because items may be held until all products on the order are ready to ship. To obtain the latest information about the availability of a specific part number, please call the phone number listed in the masthead at the top of this page. A flat charge for shipping & handling may apply for certain orders, as indicated on the Checkout page.
© 2010 Lenovo. All rights reserved.